What Is Considered Low Carb In Nutrition?
A number of things require consideration in order to determine what is considered low carb. First of all, a low carbohydrate diet is rich in a specific set of healthy fruits, meats, nuts, oils and vegetables. To begin this diet, compare your current diet to the food pyramid. Secondly, use the food pyramid to evaluate and correct your nutritional intake. Thirdly, proceed to locate, review and dispose of all the processed, sugary and starchy foods in your possession. You must stop eating processed foods such as sodas, sweets, breads, pastries and other high-carb foods.
High-carb foods such breads and pasta trigger an addictive hormone in our body when we eat them excessively. Instead, replace these carbs with a variety of healthy organic low-carb whole foods. What is considered low carb are typically foods that are low in sugar, yet rich in protein and fat. Greens are especially low in carbs, also fruits and veggies that grow above ground. Enjoyable foods on a low-carb diet also include lean organic meats, dairy and fish.
Avoid These Foods..
- Desserts such as candy, soda, fruit juices, ice cream, etc.
- Grains in breads such as Rye, Barley, Wheat and pastas.
- Trans Fats (also known as trans fatty acids) found in processed foods.
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Vegetable Oils plus Oils which carry high “omega 6-seed”. Beware of names such as Canola, Soybean, Cottonseed, Sunflower, Safflower and Grape seed.
- Foods packaged with the words “Low-Fat” and “Diet”
- Processed foods are unhealthy. Generally speaking, if you find food that is man-made, don’t eat it!
Feel Free To Eat..
- Meats which come from animals raised out on the pasture of a humane and healthy farm environment.
- Fish is an excellent low carbohydrate food source. Most noteworthy are salmon, trout and other fish which come from the wild.
- Eggs with Omega-3 born from chickens which are raised on pasture humanely. It is one of the foods high in good fat on this list of foods to include in your low carbohydrate nutrition plan.
- Fruits and vegetables from local gardens and farms are the best choice.
- Help yourself to a lot of nuts, seeds, plus dairy products high in fat like butter, cheese, yogurt and cream.
- Round out your diet with a series of oils such as coconut oil, olive oil and cod liver fish oil.
Cook For Yourself Much More Often
How do we determine what is considered low carb? By choosing from a specific list of ingredients that we cook ourselves. Cooking for yourself is a large part of a healthy low carb diet. Additionally, Dr. Atkins is a common name which is known among low carb dieters. One of Mr. Atkins’s most recommended low-carb cooking ingredients is the Thick & Thin Not-Starch Thickener. As you consider what are low carbohydrate foods, this brand of cornstarch is a great choice. Mostnotably, you can easily thicken up your cheese sauces, gravy and curry sauce with this healthy product. Thick & Thin Not-Starch Thickener is a “must-have item”, according to Dr. Atkins.
For instance, use this curry sauce recipe as a healthier alternative to traditional curry sauce:
1 tbs of flour
1 tbs of curry powder
1 tbs of butter
1 tbs of Thick & Thin Not-Starch Thickener
1 cup of cream
add salt & pepper to taste
Begin making the curry sauce by melting the butter in a sauce pan. Stir in the flour and curry and cook it until it’s a little bit brown. Then whisk in the cream a little bit at a time. Finally, add a bit of salt and paper to taste.
The Right Way To Diet Low Carb
Your body requires carbohydrates in order to function, so remove the idea of “no-carb” from your mind. Always assemble your diet with a balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Our proteins, carbohydrates and fats are the foundation for achieving proper nutrition. Hence, we must balance our intake of these 3 nutrients daily in organic fruits, meats and vegetables. In turn, your health will improve and you will learn how to eat healthier. In addition, do not eat or drink junky processed foods because they are deficient in nutrition.
Consequently some people relapse into eating poorly when on a low carb diet. Due to this risk, join with your friend on the low-carb diet for encouragement from each other. As a result, you will inspire and motivate each other to lose weight. Also, add variety to your meals to help inspire you to maintain a low-carb diet. Essentially, a variety of meals that you enjoy helps to avoid food boredom and relapse into poor eating.
In conclusion, questioning what is considered low carb is a great way to assess your health. Increased activity and eating the right foods allow you to reap the benefits of low carb foods!