Health Benefits Of Cinnamon & Other Spices Which Improve Your Health
Spices have long been used for their flavor and for their medicinal value. Adding spices to your diet can boost your health, especially as the seasons change. Spices have been shown to raise immunity levels helping you fight off viruses. In addition, they reduce infections and inflammation and strengthen digestion. As a result, you detoxify your body and receive maximum nutrients. Research also shows that spices’ antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties promote healing. In addition, the health benefits of cinnamon and other spices are known to relieve pain.
10 Sweet & Savory Healing Spices to Improve your Health
Be smart about selecting spices to have higher immunity, stronger digestion and faster healing. Furthermore, spicing will provide tastier, more satisfying drinks, meals and snacks. However, select carefully amongst the huge number of spices, herbs and flavoring products. Manasa Rajan, lead nutritionist at Cure.fit suggests you start with these 10. Here is a list of spices with the biggest health benefits.
- Carraway seeds
- Cayenne pepper
- Cracked Pepper
- Dried ginger
Start With A Pinch
Easily add spices to beverages and foods and to use them to boost immunity. In addition, you can strengthen digestion and relieve minor symptoms. Start with a pinch at a time to discover your favorite ingredient/flavor combinations. Here’s how to achieve the health benefits of cinnamon and other spices:
Health Benefit #1: Boost Immunity
Spices can be used for warding off colds, fevers and flu.
- Stir cumin powder, cracked pepper, and cayenne—all rich in vitamin C and magnesium – into roasted vegetables to stay safe.
- Try ginger, clove and/or cinnamon teas to add antioxidants. This will keep you strong during the winter months.
- Enrich any vegetable or protein with garlic’s antimicrobial benefits to prevent or lessen infections. For instance, garlic helps prevent yeast infections, fungal breakouts, sinus infections and colds.
Health Benefit #2: Soothe Digestion
Digestion is more efficient with the aid of spices. Especially during cold weather, cozy spicy foods add a layer of warmth. As a result, your diet is capable to absorb the necessary nutrients.
- Ramp up your oatmeal with cinnamon, dried ginger powder and cloves. Add apples or pears to start the day with a warm, easily digested meal.
- Simply boil a spices mixture of cloves, cumin, fennel and caraway seeds in water. Drink the mixture as a tea to aid digestion, reduce bloating and acid reflux.
- Season grains, vegetables, and proteins with spices. This will add warmth and ease digestion.
- Add cumin or fennel to grains, rice, barley, or heavy foods. Combined with chili, beans, and lentils, spices make each easier to digest.
Health Benefit #3: Medicinal Support
Take a trip to your pantry and heal from within when you have aches or pains. More and more research show that natural remedies are effective in treating minor ailments.
- Brew a ginger tea to relieve a plethora of aches and pains. Headaches, menstrual cramps, muscle pain, swelling, arthritis or nausea will subside.
- Place a clove or two in your mouth to soothe tooth pain and fight infection.
- Combine turmeric and coconut oil and apply to wounds as a barrier against infection.
- Mix turmeric, nutmeg, ginger, milk to make your own chai. Also, a golden latte is known to balance hormones and help you relax or sleep better.
- Season savory dishes with cayenne pepper to aid weight loss.
It’s the perfect time to start experimenting with the health benefits of cinnamon and other spices. Not only can you add zest and variety to your food, but improve your overall health. The truth is, spices enact the first line of defense against illness. As a result, you will take fewer trips to your medicine cabinet.
Cure.fit is an integrative health app that includes all facets of a healthy lifestyle on one platform. It has holistic health offerings across physical fitness and workouts, healthy food, and mental well-being. The app offers delicious and healthy recipes under its Recipes vertical that range from soups and salads to world cuisine and vegan food.