Protein Rich Veg Food Choices & Benefits
Nutritional study shows that protein rich veg food offers a variety of benefits for both the human body and our ecosystem. In my personal experience, I save money, consume less calories and help the environment by eating vegan. Furthermore, I enjoy better heath on a diet of organic whole foods.
Complete Proteins And Their Role In Nutrition
For many people who are serious about their nutrition, it is not enough to just eat protein rich veg food. The question remains whether their food sources are a “complete protein”. Amino acids which are essentially the structure of protein defines the term “complete protein”. Histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine are known as essential amino acids.
Amino Acids, The Building Blocks Of Protein
Why are amino acids in protein important? Well, because 20 of these acids form what we known as a protein. Without this nutrient, our body cannot build muscle and burn fat efficiently. Also, we cannot produce 9 of the amino acids within our body. Rather, the food we eat produces this vital nutrient. Incomplete proteins such as nuts and whole grains have the 9 amino acids that our body can’t produce. Generally, we only need to consume a fraction of these 29 acids on a daily basis.
Examples Of Complete Proteins In Food
Studies show that amino acids are more abundant within vegetarian diets. As a result, it is easier to receive the complete proteins by eating vegan. Examples of common foods that carry complete proteins are eggs, dairy, meat and the following foods:
- Rice and Beans are a healthy and cost-effective protein rich veg meal with 7 grams of protein for each single cup. After your workout, eat this hearty meal to help your body recover from physical activity.
- Quinoa as a dietary substitute for rice will reduce the amount of starch in your diet. 8 grams of protein are available in every cup of quinoa.
- Modern Table Meals offer wholesome, delicious and easy to make meal kits with 16 grams of complete protein and 4 grams of fiber. Enjoy a non-GMO, vegetarian and gluten free resource of nutrition, free of artificial preservatives. Convenient and ready to make within 15 minutes, MTM combine traditional pastas with grains, sauces and vegetables for complete protein meals.
For instance, Jalapeño Cheddar Mac & Cheese by Modern Table Meals is a joyful and tasty fusion of both plant protein and pasta. Within one box, you receive a mouthwatering combination of lentil noodles, cheese sauce along with rice and peas. All of this is a combination for a nutritious and protein-abundant whole food meal.
- Soy in it’s natural un-processed form is an excellent source of complete protein for vegetarians. Firm tofu is made of soy and contains a high amout of protein. However, the amount of protein varies in other soy foods such as Tempeh and Natto. 10 grams for each half cup of firm are inside tofu made of soy.
- Peanut Butter Sandwiches create a complete protein with a combination of the legume known as peanut and the grain known as whole wheat bread. Legumes plus grains equal a complete protein, a simple nutritional equation to keep in mind.
Enjoy Your Protein!
In conclusion, protein rich veg food is wide in variety and range from simple to complex meals. Secondly, it is quite easy to receive your complete protein from this healthy food source. Finally, purchase and consume organic whole foods to receive the best source of nutrition and protein rich veg food.